Empreinte (referred to as We) is serious about the privacy of those who visit its online store www.empreinte.com (referred to as the website), physical Empreinte stores (referred to as Stores), and more generally, the privacy of individuals who provide it with their Personal Data (defined below)
WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE PROCESSING AND WHAT ARE OUR COMMITMENTS?
The company Empreinte – 5 rue de l’Eau Blanche – 29200 Brest – France, registered in the RCS of Brest: 635 620 719, European Union VAT number: FR 85 635 620 719 is responsible for processing your Personal Data (referred to as "Empreinte” or "We").
We undertake to process your Personal Data securely and in compliance with the applicable French and European Union regulations on data protection ("Applicable Regulations"), including:
• the law on data processing, files and civil liberties n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 as amended and any updates;
• Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of Personal Data (the "GDPR") and any subsequent legislation including its implementation texts;
• European Union and local laws applicable to Personal Data, where relevant;
• legislation and rulings by supervisory authorities, in particular the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).
This person can be contacted for any question relating to your Personal Data, by sending your request by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The term "Personal Data" refers to any information about you that makes you directly or indirectly personally identifiable.
In this way, we collect:
• your title, surname and first name,
• postal address and telephone number,
• email address
• credit card numbers collected at the time of your order and processed by our bank service providers in charge of managing payments,
• correspondence by e-mail, via social networks, and/or telephone conversations with the customer service department, as well as any other data allowing the follow-up of the sales relationship,
• cookies and other trackers including the data mentioned, IP address and other information that allows your identification and that you make available to us at any time;
• any other information that identifies you and that you make available to us at any time.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may collect your Personal Data when you:
• visit the website,
• log in or create a customer account on the website or in a shop,
• place an order on the website, in a store,
• return your order,
• you sign up to the newsletter,
• take part in a competition organised by us or by one of our partners,
• send a complaint, ask a question or send us your comments,
• provide us with your Personal Data on the website or by any other means,
• interact with us via our official social networks.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
On the basis of a binding contract, a legal obligation, our legitimate interest, or after having obtained your consent, we may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
Fulfilment of orders made on the website, by telephone or in stores
Management of customer relations (telephone, e-mail), account creation, order tracking, product returns and refunds
Handling customer complaints or product-related issues
Execution of a contract between a Customer and Empreinte
Managing payment transactions and issuing invoices
Execution of a contract between a Customer and Empreinte
Empreinte's legitimate interest
Execution of a contract between a Customer and Empreinte
Handling complaints or questions relating to our product or our brand
Empreinte's legitimate interest
Managing and improving the customer account, including proposing new features or services
Empreinte's legitimate interest in improving the shopping experience
Statistics, analysis, selection and segmentation of customers to improve customer knowledge
Empreinte's legitimate interest in improving the customer experience and adapting its offer
Development and improvement of the website
Empreinte's legitimate interest in improving the level of service
Management of requests related to exercising your rights
Sending targeted marketing offers about existing or new products and services electronically (by e-mail or on the website, on social networks, on other websites) or in-store
Website traffic measurement (mobile and desktop)
Analysis of the customer's behaviour on the website or in-store, and their reactions to marketing campaigns in order to improve and personalise products and services, and to offer them in the form of marketing and/or advertising
Personalising the website experience and the advertisements displayed by us or our partners on our website or third-party media according to the customer's preferences
You can subscribe to the newsletter directly on the website, when ordering or in-store, and thereby choose to be informed at regular intervals of the offers available on the website and/or in-store.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of each newsletter or by sending your request by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
WHO DO WE SEND YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO?
We may pass on all or part of your Personal Data to certain of our service providers who, on our behalf and according to our instructions, process it to help us provide the following services:
o Fulfilment of your order, including the preparation and delivery of your products,
o Secure transaction of your payment,
o Combating fraud and recovering unpaid amounts, where appropriate,
o Sending commercial prospecting e-mails,
o Storage of all your Personal Data,
o Customising our website according to your interests,
o Carrying out technical maintenance and development of the Empreinte website and IT systems,
o Analysing your use of the website to improve its quality and efficiency.
Note that the entities to which we send your Personal Data are bound by a confidentiality contract and bound to respect the Applicable Regulations concerning its protection.
WHERE DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your Personal Data is stored in the European Economic Area ("EEA", i.e. the 28 member states of the European Union, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), where the website servers are hosted.
Some of the service providers or sub-contractors to whom we transfer your Personal Data are located outside the EEA, and sometimes in countries not recognised by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection. In this case, in accordance with the Regulations in force, we undertake to:
• conclude a cross-border flow agreement with these companies, in line with the European Commission's standard contractual clauses, or
• collaborate with companies that have Internal Business Rules (IBR) allowing cross-border transfers.
You can obtain more information on this subject and, if necessary, obtain a copy of the cross-border flow agreements concluded with our partners, by sending your request by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE?
We have set up in-house procedures to ensure the security of your Personal Information when it is used, transferred or stored. We also monitor the procedures in place to ensure compliance with the regulations in force.
These safety procedures include:
• a commitment by our service providers and subcontractors, particularly when we use their services to make the website and its content available to you, or to fulfil your orders (including orders made by telephone), to respect their contractual obligations to ensure adequate protection of the Personal Data they have access to;
• limiting access to your Personal Data to employees who are subject to confidentiality obligations and who need access to your Personal Data to provide products and services to you and/or are justified in the context of their duties;
• the introduction of precautionary measures to protect your Personal Data from destruction, loss or alteration and to prevent unauthorised access to your Personal Data;
• the storage of your Personal Data on servers offering complete security guarantees.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In keeping with the Regulations in force, you have the right to exercise the following rights:
The right to access your data,
The right to rectify and the right to erase your data (right to be forgotten),
The right to limit the processing of your data,
The right to transfer your data,
The right to object to the processing of your data,
The right to specify what happens to your data after your death.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us using one of the following means:
via the following e-mail: email@example.com,
by post, accompanied by a copy of an identity document, to the attention of the Legal Department, at the following address: Empreinte – 5 rue de l’Eau Blanche – 29200 Brest – France.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a qualified supervisory authority (CNIL).
When you visit the website, we may place small pieces of information on your computer known as "cookies", which will be stored by your browser on your hard drive. These cookies allow us:
• To ensure the smooth running of our website and to improve your shopping experience,
• To analyse our traffic and optimise the performance of our website,
• Offer personalised content adapted to your interests,
• To display targeted advertisements on our website and beyond, including on social networks, as well as advertisements based on your location,
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use the following cookies:
• Technical cookies related to the website's functionality (mandatory)
These cookies are essential for the proper running of our website and cannot be adjusted. These cookies allow you to browse the website, use its features and save your preferences such as the language used, access your account, products added to the shopping cart, etc. and secure our website against possible fraud through predictive analysis. If our systems suspect fraud and you are unable to place an order on the website, you will be informed immediately and you will be given the opportunity to contact customer service to have your payment reviewed.
• Website analysis cookies
These so-called performance cookies enable us to measure the number of visits to the website (number of visits, pages viewed, sources of traffic, etc.), to analyse your browsing on the website and your reactions to the products we offer, so that we may optimise their performance. They collect information about the visitor's navigation of the website, to help us improve its usability and functionality. By accepting these cookies, you contribute to the improvement of our website.
• Cookies relating to your preferences (Experience and relationship)
When you browse or shop online, the website remembers your preferences. This simplifies, streamlines and customises your browsing experience to best suit your preferences and expectations. These cookies allow us to recommend products, relevant services, or content on the site, in e-mails sent to you or in-store according to your expectations and preferences. They can also be used to test and improve the ergonomics of the site. Without these cookies, your use of the site may be slowed and the relevance of recommendations limited.
• Geolocation cookies:
These cookies allow you to benefit from certain features of our website services.
• Targeting or advertising cookies (Marketing & Social Networks):
These cookies are used to display ads of interest to you on our site and beyond, including on social networks. To this end, we may transmit your e-mail address in encrypted form to our social network partners. Furthermore, these cookies limit the number of times you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. They collect certain information to better target ads according to your interests. If you disable these cookies, advertisements (including ours) will continue to be displayed during your browsing but they will not take into account your interests and will therefore be less relevant.
The storage of cookies on your device depends on your choice, except for the operating and security cookies which are required for the smooth operation of our website. Cookies are stored for a period of 13 months.
You can disable cookies on your own by adjusting your browser settings, but please note that by disabling cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of the website. Here is some information on how to disable cookies for some web browsers:
1. Click the Menu button ≡ and select Options
2. Select the Privacy and Security panel.
3. Under Enhanced Tracking Protection, check the Custom radio button to select the content to block.
4. Tick the Cookies box. The default option is Cross-site and Social Network Trackers.
To block all third-party cookies, select the All third-party cookies option from the drop-down menu (may prevent some sites from working).
5. Close the about:preferences page. All the changes you have made will be automatically recorded.
If you do not want sites to store cookies on your PC, you can block cookies. However, blocking cookies may prevent some pages from displaying properly, or you may get a message from a site telling you that you need to allow cookies to view that site.
1. In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools button and select Internet Options.
2. Select the Privacy tab and under Settings select Advanced. Choose whether to allow, block or be prompted to specify the desired setting for internal and third-party cookies.
You can block or allow all cookies by default. You can also allow cookies from a specific site, while blocking third-party cookies in ads or images on that same site.
1. Open Chrome on your computer.
2. At the top right, click on More More then Settings.
3. Under "Privacy and Security", click on Cookies and other site data.
4. Choose an option:
o "Authorise all cookies"
o "Block all cookies (not recommended)"
o "Block third-party cookies in private browsing mode"
o "Block third-party cookies"
Important: If you block third-party cookies, all cookies and data from other sites will be blocked, even if those sites are allowed in your exception list.
You can change various options in the Safari preferences so that Safari always accepts or blocks cookies and website data.
In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then do one of the following:
• To prevent tracking devices from using cookies and website data to track you: Select "Prevent tracking on multiple domains".
Cookies and website data are deleted unless you visit and interact with the tracking devices' websites.
• To always block cookies: Select "Block all cookies".
Websites, third parties and advertisers cannot store cookies and other data on your Mac. This may prevent some websites from working properly.
• To always authorise cookies: Deselect "Block all cookies".
Websites, third parties and advertisers can store cookies and other data on your Mac.
• To delete stored data and cookies: Click Manage Website Data, select one or more websites, and then click Delete or Delete All.
Deleting data may reduce the tracking of activities, but it may also disconnect you from websites or change the behaviour of websites.
• To see which websites store cookies or data: Click on Manage website data.
Note: If you change your cookie preferences or delete cookies or website data in Safari, this may have an impact on other apps.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE KEPT?
We will apply the following retention periods for the processing of personal data relating to the management of website customers, shop customers and prospective customers, including customer relationship management, marketing campaign management, returns management and parcel tracking:
• Personal Data relating to customers: duration of the contractual relationship plus the legal limitation period of 3 years;
• Data on non-customer prospects: 3 years from the last active contact with our brand;
• Purchase and browsing history cookies: 13 months;
The deletion of your personal data from our active database will be followed by a period of intermediate archiving of certain personal data in order to comply with our legal, accounting and fiscal obligations and also to be able to manage your possible claims and requests for guarantees, within the limits of the applicable limitation periods.
If your personal data is subsequently archived, it will be automatically and irreversibly anonymised.
• via the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• by post, accompanied by a copy of an identity document, to the attention of the Legal Department, at the following address: Empreinte – 5 rue de l’Eau Blanche – 29200 Brest – France.